Sunday, October 21, 2007

Prayer Team

Recently I have asked many people to join me in prayer as I enter a time of transition in my life. I strongly feel that my calling is in youth ministry. I do not feel that God has taken that calling away or has called me to another ministry. The question becomes, “Where does God want me to be?” “Who does God want me to minister?” It may require moving away. It may require that I become bi-vocational again (no this is not a sin).

I do know that it has been hard on me and Monica. We worry about the future.

Now the hardships I am facing are not life threatening. Being released from a job is not terminal. But I understand it is a hardship and I am unable to fix it myself. Through this experience godly men and women have rallied behind me and given me some great advice. One piece of advice has been to gather a team of pray warriors and allow them to give to God.

2 Corinthians 1:8-11 We do not want you to be uninformed, brothers, about the hardships we suffered in the province of Asia. We were under great pressure, far beyond our ability to endure, so that we despaired even of life. Indeed, in our hearts we felt the sentence of death. But this happened that we might not rely on ourselves but on God, who raises the dead. He has delivered us from such a deadly peril, and he will deliver us. On him we have set our hope that he will continue to deliver us, as you help us by your prayers. Then many will give thanks on our behalf for the gracious favor granted us in answer to the prayers of many.

I am looking forward to seeing how God uses the prayers of so many. I am encouraged that so many have positively responded back to me that they are honored to pray for me and Monica.

No comments: