Friday, October 05, 2007

Expressed Frustration

Yesterday I read the following blog from a dear friend. I have not asked permission to use his blog in this article nor will I identify him. I have censored the curse words that he used but you will be able to figure out the words he used. This is the voice that many 16 to 29 year olds are expressing today. For you outside this generation, read this with an open ear and be willing to listen without responding.


I think I’m done with a lot of bull****....


So I'm thinking that I don't really want to follow the church anymore... I don't necessarily agree with what they have to say, pretty much at all. I want to clarify that I'm not pissed off right now, I'm actually in a pretty tranquil state of mind and just feel like sharing my thoughts.

I don't agree with what I have been taught for what is right and wrong necessarily... Everyone says that there is such thing as a conscience and use that as a crutch but to me it seems that it's just something that is in our subconscious that speaks to us about what we have been socially conditioned to. Try to tell me other wise, I would love to hear it, seriously.

"I like your Christ, but not your Christians." - Ghandi. I think I agree.

"Today, there are a total of 30,000 different religious views worldwide, out of those, FIVE THOUSAND of them are differing/bickering sects of Christianity. If that doesn't sound ridiculous to you, I don't know what should. The fact of the matter is, that when religion is taken too seriously, it **** EVERYTHING. It causes war, hatred, terror, ignorance, close-mindedness, and the inability for those under its spell to live their lives to the full extent. Most religions come with a built in story to instill fear in the hearts and minds of those who follow it. (i.e. YOUR GOING TO HELL YOU SINNER! WORSHIP ME! OR SPEND ETERNITY IN THE DEPTHS OF THE EARTH!)"


I don't know if I like that necessarily either...

I pretty much think that not really anybody knows what the fuck they are talking about...

"There are alot of good things about 99% of the religions out there and most of them have nothing to do with the actual religion. The support and help that the community can give a person who is down on their luck or the shoulder's to cry on that some people just don't have without them. Religions are just like Fraternities or Secret societies or even the birthday club at Baskin Robbins. They all provide benefits of being part of something larger than yourself. And most importantly, a sense of belonging and helping another person."

I think the worst part about it though is that half or more of the people in the church don't even really think about these things. They don't see other perspectives and it makes me wonder a lot of things....

So..................

I'm doing my own thing, and im pretty happy and excited right now.

P.S. (I'm not saying I don't believe in Jesus)

I just don't believe in bull**** teachings anymore


And I still have TONS of respect for some people who have had an influence on my life (most of you know who you are, some might not), just because your a Christian doesn't make me not respect you, if thats what you got out of this

GL on your individual journeys my friends


Tomorrow I am going to talk about an article written at Barna.com: A New Generation Expresses its Skepticism and Frustration with Christianity. I encourage to read through this article. A great book to read is They Love Jesus but not the Church by Dan Kimball.

No comments: