Thursday, December 27, 2007

Journal Entry #5


My nephews from Utah are in Southern California spending time with their dad over Christmas. I have not seen the boys in quite a few years and they have grown up a lot since the last time I saw them. Tonight my mom and dad had the boys over to spend the night with them and I stopped by to hang out with them too. It was a great time reconnecting with family.

One of the Christmas gifts that my nephew Andy got was a Timex watch. My first watch was a Timex; I still have it somewhere in the house. My Timex required me to wind it daily to keep the proper time. I remember many times looking at my watch and realizing that it was no longer keeping time because it was in need of being wound. That watch never needed a battery though and it survived some real abuse. In the words of John Cameron Swayze, “It takes a licking but keeps on ticking.”



No comments: