Tuesday, December 18, 2007

Consider this:

Currently we are all in the busyness of shopping and buying presents for Christmas. It is all about getting just the right gift for that special person in your life. Many of us have many special someones. What drives us? Why are we giving and getting? And what happens when it is all over? For some, we get so much that we forget. I have never not received presents at Christmas, so I do not know what that feels like. But I am sure that not getting makes us forget as well.

Consider the following:

Proverbs 30:7-9

"Two things I ask of you, LORD;
do not refuse me before I die:

Keep falsehood and lies far from me;
give me neither poverty nor riches,
but give me only my daily bread.

Otherwise, I may have too much and disown you
and say, 'Who is the LORD?'
Or I may become poor and steal,
and so dishonor the name of my God.


Remember why we celebrate

No comments: