Tuesday, May 31, 2011

15 Minutes to Live


I decided to take a 30 day challenge to write through the inspiration of words written by Ralph Waldo Emerson. This is a challenge that I heard about through The Domino Project, a group founded by Seth Godin.




We are afraid of truth, afraid of fortune, afraid of death, and afraid of each other.


Our age yields no great and perfect persons. – Ralph Waldo Emerson




Writing task for Day 1:


You just discovered you have fifteen minutes to live.


Below are my thoughts, rather questions, about my last 15 minutes alive:




Would I look for ways to increase my legacy?


Would I run to connect with those I love the most?


If a disaster is quickly approaching would I work to save others?


Or would I love to save myself?


Would I be freaked out?


Would I pray?


Would I cry?


Would I be of sound mind to embrace and be with my wife for the entire 15 minutes?


Would I call my daughters?


Could I?


Would I be at peace?


Would I examine my past?


Would I be happy?


Would I be sad?


Would I focus on missed opportunities?


Would I relish the achievements?


Would I consider my future?


Eternity


Heaven


Hell


Forever with my creator


Or, total separation


Would I care about the stranger?


Would I share my faith?


Would I have time for experiences?


Sex


The beach


The mountains


A walk


Would I express my gratitude?


Thank God


Thank my wife and family


Thank my parents


Thank those closest to me


Thank my acquaintances


Thank my adversaries


Would I notice my breathing?


Each inhale


Followed by each exhale


As if it were my last breath


Would I be happy?

No comments: