Wednesday, November 05, 2008

Hope


I am a child of the 60’s, I have seen change. I have seen people struggling to be heard. I have seen people oppressed. I have seen walls of division. I have seen triumphs and victories, and I have seen tears and loss. But along the way I have seen visions of hope.


I have seen a Catholic man become President and give a nation hope

I have seen his brother run for President along side of people of color to give hope

I have seen an African American with a dream give millions of people with color hope

I have seen the right to vote given to all people to have a voice and a hope

I have seen an African American woman refuse to give her seat on a bus and give others hope

I have seen women gain equality and have given their sisters hope

I have seen a Hispanic man rally to give farm workers hope

I have seen a man walk on the moon and give a world a sense of hope

I saw history last night as an African American became President with the promise of hope to all people. May we all come together as brothers and sisters with a common dream and a common hope.

1 comment:

wellis68 said...

I hope that people will put aside their malicious rhetoric, their ridiculous "Antichrist" speculations and anxieties, their staunch bigotry, and look to the future with hope and readiness.