Sunday, November 04, 2007

What is our standard?

From my Bible reading today:

Ezekiel 5:5-7 "This is what the Sovereign LORD says: This is Jerusalem, which I have set in the center of the nations, with countries all around her. Yet in her wickedness she has rebelled against my laws and decrees more than the nations and countries around her. She has rejected my laws and has not followed my decrees.

"Therefore this is what the Sovereign LORD says: You have been more unruly than the nations around you and have not followed my decrees or kept my laws. You have not even conformed to the standards of the nations around you.

Time for a morality check.

What is our standard? How well are we at influencing the world, or is the world doing a better job at influencing us?

Let's pray that we can first align ourselves with God and follow His commands, love God and love neighbor. And may our influence come from a lifestyle, not by pressure, but through love.

Have a blessed Sunday!

No comments: